Friday, August 25, 2006

Die lar.... need to pick your brains.... dilemma here

Okay, serious issue folks.... no sexy photos here....

Need to pick your brains here, and I need it fast. Please get back to me via your reply on this comment box no later than next Monday, 28th Aug yeah.

10 brains better than one here.

When Shit Hits The Fan!

Imagine what would happen if that really occurs man. Well, it happens.

Like that one....

You know lar, I was on my own before I came to Shanghai. I was handling this project with one Singaporean contact...

End Client: One company X lar.... (In Singapore)

The person who got the contract: Company Y lar...... (In Singapore)

Contract value: Not big lar, a couple of thousands only.

X wanted to get a report done, and Y got the contract. So, Y sub-contract it to me lar.

X is a bit demanding and always delay the reports delivery time. Originally, it suppose to be dued on March, but then, it was delay till June.

You know lar, I got my contract in May, thus, I can't follow through. So, I sub-contract the remaining portion of the work to Miss Z.

Of course, all parties are aware of this - Company X, Y and Miss Z all sign a contract about this remaining part of the job, which I suppose to finish but unable due to new assignment and due to the delay in Company X postponing the reporting.

Thus, everyone was happy until today, I received so many emails from Miss Z and Company Y.

Company Y complains that Miss Z did not perform her task well enough and they have to incur a lot of manpower to rectify the errors. Company X was unhappy with Company Y too as they claimed that the consultant they got is not good enough.

Miss Z, on the other hand, claims that these allegations are not true and she had performed her duty in due.

Company Y would only willing to pay her 65% of contract value.

Miss Z cries and claimed that this is unfair and she wanted 100% payment.

Thus, both of Miss Z came to me and ask me what should she do.

Company Y, has all the right to ask me to stay the fuck away since I was not involved in the contract. This is none of my business anymore as a new contract was signed.

Miss Z, a single lady, with 2 kids to raise, approached me helplessly that she needs to feed the kids and ask me for help. She told me that she had performed her work according to the contract. She needs this money to move on in life.

Since I was the one who introduce Miss Z to Company Y, I feel obligated to help resolve this conflict.

What would you do if you are on my position? I really wanted to help here.

Share with me your thoughts before I get back on Monday/Tuesday.

Fast fast reply please.

4 Comments:

Blogger sammi said...

Uhm ... in my point of view 公说公有理,婆说婆有理. Have you listen to both party story ? I agreed with Seng comments, how could a “small potato” fight with a company ? 吃亏的一定是 Miss Z. Get the 65% better than nothing. You have given yourself answer not to get involve in the conflict since new contract was signed between the new party, right ?

5:45 AM  
Blogger evelyn said...

Well, before giving our sympathy to Ms.Z, we need to know if she has really performed her duty up to the expectation as required by the contract. But, we hv no ground to judge that! Anyway, as mentioned, this is just a " a few thousdand $ contract", I don't think the 'big fish' want to save just the 35% and create so much problem if he has gotten the result he wanted....so, do you think you should really access Ms.Z's work if you want to get involved? Else, consider keeping yourself away from the conflict....or....come on lah...what is a few thousand $ to 今时今日的冠华? Be a Robin Hood loh!
BTW, a single lady with no kid is also needing some money here in Singapore :P

7:37 AM  
Blogger Frogigolo said...

Thanks gang. Much appreciated.

I tends to agree with all of you that there are little I can do.. What can I do right?

Well, shit happens. Fix it and life goes on.

There are two things I need to take care of:
1. A goodwill with my former partner
2. A damage control on my reputation with me telling Ms Z that I can't do anything to help...

I can't just walk off and let Ms Z bad mouthing me about me walking off in the industry - well, after all, I will not be there in KL to defend myself...

People tends to believe on a sad story....

Deep down, I think there is a miss-match between Ms Z skill and Co. X requirement.Couple with Ms Z not involve in day one, a lot of miscommunication that may goes on.

I have got 4 votes already now (3 from you all and one from my wife). I think I know what I should do now.

Thanks gang.

Cruelty is always a bitter pill to sollow!

11:00 AM  
Blogger clive said...

This is weird. Are you sure Miss Z is expecting your direct involvement to get this resolved? That doesn't feel right coming from someone who's seasoned to do a good job... Maybe all she needs is a good listener, and you're in the best position to sympathize with her.

Treat her to a meal and promise to send more projects her way in the future (if you're convinced she's good). To add drama, offer to go over the project and give some pointers, but I doubt that she'd want to take another look at it after all this :>

Have you considered how to deal with companies X and Y moving forward? Raise your fee for the value of your quality?

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home