Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Earthquake at Sumatra, tremor felt in Singapore!

At about 11.50am, 6 Mar, I felt my chair being shaken, I tot someone was playing a fool with me, I looked at my right, saw no one, then I turned to my left again, still no one at sight. I felt giddy.....it must be the sleepless night I had last nite that caused this scenario. Suddenly,my colleague besides me shouted 'Earthquake!', then everybody started to realise it, and simultaneously nodded that...yes, earthquake! But majority was still carried on with the work, only 2 of them ran down stair from level 5 (our office) for safety.

After a while, everybody was laughing and expressing how they felt about the tremor. As it was the first experience for many people, feeling how the earthquake is. Phone started ringing and we got to realise some of the companies actually evacuated their staff from the building, espcially those highrise building in the financial district. But, still no annoucement from our building management.

At about 12.15pm, we were asked to leave the building for early lunch.

We got back to work at about 1.30pm after lunch, by then, we got to realise that it was an earthquake that had occured in Sumatra which measured up to magnitude 6.6. While we were still talking about how it felt....we felt another wave of the tremor at about 1.52pm, this time, everybody jumped up almost simultaneously from the chair and shouted 'again!' ....but, just after a while, all got back to work again as there is no annoucement from the building management for evacuation!

After all, all of us still lack of 危机感. Imagine, what happen if the building really collapse due to the quake?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Frogigolo said...

Hey.... even got a spam on blog entry

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home