Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This scene made me sick!

I was walking to a nearby supermarket last night to buy some breads. As we are now moving into early autumn, the weather is quite cold. Last night was worse as it was raining pretty badly and was pretty cold at 19-21 degree.

Somewhere along the way, I saw this family of 5 was trying to catch a cab (they looked like someone from the middle east). Here in SH, rainny day is pretty difficult to catch a cab. I saw the mother was holding a baby, probably about 4-5 months old, running back and forth the street to catch the taxi, with the husband looking after another two older kids (probably 8-10 years old), he basically standing there doing nothing but watching the mother holding the baby running up and down....

The baby was soaking under the heavy rain in the mother's arm donno sleeping or fainted already. So I told myself, hey, are they without an umbrella? So I rushed up to the mother and offered my umbrella to her... Suddenly, I realized that the mother was holding an umbrella too herself, un-opened!

I was like thinking.... what the heck? Are you nuts? Why don't you use the freeking umbrella to cover your baby? Can't you tell that your baby is soaking under the bloody cold weather and rain? Is the baby breathing to begin with?

Worst still, they were in front of the supermarket, which means shelter was just right there for their kids. Was it really necessary to expose the baby under the chilling rain?

The parents smiled at me and told me that they don't need my umbrella... well, of course, they themselves have an umbrella too but they just didn't use it....

I shoke my head in disbelieve and left. Well, probably this is the way they train their kids.... give them hell when they are young... 天生天养

Sorry lar.... Since I am the father myself... I can't tolerate seeing baby suffering...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home