Friday, September 01, 2006

The secrets of settling your credit card(s) bill(s)

I feel really good today. I finally settled one of the 3 credit cards I have been owing for more than 3 years.

One wise guy told me that credit card is a gift from hell. That...... is so true.

The same wise guy also said that if you have a scissor at hand, cut it off now.... (of course not, you need the card to pay your bill right? You need to slot that card into the machine to pay bill right [If not, go online banking] Well, isn't bank smart? Let you keep the card as long as you want?) Credit cards are addictive!

Nowadays in KL, you don't need to apply for a credit card anymore. The bank send it to you directly into your mail box which you never applied for one.

How many of you have C***bank mailed it to you directly which you never applied for? Well, I have! A Gold Card some more and I never applied for one!

Then out of a sudden.... the credit limit of the Visa Card mysteriously increased by 50%, and upgraded you to A GOLD CARD MEMBER, and you never asked for the increment and upgrade to begin with!

Stupid of me, I went and activated all of it, on top of the two bloody credit cards I already have in my wallet!

Not too sure about you, somehow, what I gathered, I realised that there are quite a number of people have the same story like I do (except my wife) - spending on future money and then pay up only the minimum 5%. In the end, they have a huge debts to settle off.

During the last two years, since I was on my own business with no stable income, I used up almost all of the credits that are available. Thus, accumulating quite a huge sum of debts - RM30,000 in total just on credit cards alone.

Then, I attended a seminar about financial planning. The wise guy told me that there IS a way to clear off your debts.

This is the idiot's guide to settle off your credit card debts - is very simple, but it works. At least it works for me.

If you have few credit cards' debts to pay off, focus on one card to pay off first.

When you are targeting THAT credit card to pay off, never use that card anymore under any circumstances. Pay only the minimum for the other cards, but pay extra for the targeted credit card - just one card! When you finish off with one card, it gives you the motivation (and don't you feel good!) to target the next card!

Simple word of wisdom, but damn useful for me. Now, I have finished off almost 30% of the remaining two cards....

Is a relief of not having to bear so much debts....

1 Comments:

Blogger evelyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home