Sunday, September 03, 2006

62 Pandora's Boxes!

Guess what are these boxes?


My stuff from my apartment in KL. I went back to KL in the end July to pack up my stuff to Shanghai. Since there are quite a lot to pack up, I engaged a professional relocation expert, Asian Tiger, to relocate for us.

They were amazing. I have never seen anyone move house in such a professional manner.

What I need to do was point my index finger to the things I need to relocate, and they will just packed it up for us. We do not really need to do anything.

Even my daughter's 37 Barbie Dolls - They wrapped it up one by one as though they are 100k gold bar.

As you can see from the pics above, they packed up our goods in 62 boxes. That exclude all the furnitures and electronic goods (TVs, beds, air-cord, fridge, microwave etc etc) as I wanted to rent out my apartment as a fully furnished apartment.


Finally after 28 days of waiting, our shipments arrived! I finally got my trademill back and I can now jog in the morning before I go to work!
My baby got her horse too so that she can practise horse riding before going to school every morning!
Of the 62 boxes, we left 12 back home and shipped 50 to Shanghai.

Of the 50 boxes, my daughter's toys alone were already 12 boxes! Can you imaging. Thus, once unload all the stuff, the whole living room was filled with her toys.

And by the way, the professional movers do unpack and arrange all the stuff for you. Amazing that their service was THAT impressive! They don't come cheap too - total cost - about RM15k.

My wife eventually tidy up the whole place and now it looks like this. The biggest disappointment is that I can't move my 1,000+ DVD titles to Shanghai. Well....... pirated stuff..... better not lar.... I gave it all to my sister.

As for my apartment in Bandar Sri Permaisuri?

We moved out on Wednesday, and on Thursday, we rented out our apartment for RM1,600/month, with contract runs for a year. Not bad huh. Getting a good property agent is very important!


1 Comments:

Blogger evelyn said...

Good for u, finally, you hv got your home 'shifted' fr KL to SH. Enjoy your life there!

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home