Monday, May 29, 2006

Hong Kong, Hong Kong - Part 3 - Ripped Off At Knutsford Street

After much persuasion from Sammi, decided to pay a visit to Knutsford Street in Tsim Sar Thui (TST as all Hongkies call it). Yeah, we suppose to meet up at TST last week instead of Lan Kuai Fung. Apparently, Sammi called this place the TST's Lan Kuai Fung, thus, must pay a visit lar.
While waiting for Raymond and wife to join, I decided to have a nice beer at this street. Well Sammi, a bit overrated lar, cannot compare to LKF lar.... Just a few pubs and restaurants but nothing fancy lar.
Kow: Hi, give me a beer please.

Waiter: Can. Wait ah. Now happy hour.

Kow: How much?

Waiter: HK$38 only per mug.

Kow: (thinking silently: kan ni nah.... so expensive one) Okay lar. Give me one mug.

After 5 minutes....

Waiter: Sir, here is the beer and here is the bill.

I looked at the bill.... Beer HK$28 and prawn chips HK$10

Kow: Eh, I don't want the chips.

Waiter: Sir, where are you from?

Kow: Malaysia

Waiter: Sir, all customers here have to take the prawn chips one leh. Malaysia don't have one meh? This is company policy.

Kow: (Thinking silently: Kan Ni Nah..... policy my ass.). Huh, Hong Kong people drink beer like that one meh?

Waiter: Yes sir. Wait till you go Karaoke in Hong Kong... the bill even higher..... here is the bill sir...

Lucky that the prawn chips is refillable. Thus, almost eat prawn chips for dinner. After another 20 minutes and much frustration....

Kow: Hi there..... one more beer please......

After the damn expensive beer, decided to walk around lar. Suddenly saw this hotel. They, isn't this hotel the one that Sammi brought her clients to.... not bad at all man. This hotel is just around the corner of Knutsford street only. Damn, better than my funeral hotel.

4 Comments:

Blogger Frogigolo said...

I was with my mother on the webcam telecon the other day...

My mother: Talk talk talk talk...

Me: Talk talk talk talk

My mother: Hey, who is the person behind you lar? Is that Raymond? Say Hi for me.... Hi Raymond...

Me: (TOTALLY STUN) Errrr.... errrr.... who did you see lar? (Looking right and left)..... Mom.... don't scare me lar... Raymond not here. I'm alone leh....

My mother: Ohh..... silent....

Silent..... (I was really anxious already....)

Me: Who.... who did you see.... my GOD!!!

My mother: Oh.... sorry, mistaken the screen in webcam.... It was your father... Ha ha... mistaken my screen with yours....

Me: Don't play jokes like that lar......

8:07 AM  
Blogger sammi said...

wei! Kow, my Hongkie friend called Knutsford Street Kowloon LKF as well as Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) introduced too leh ...

Wah!! dam expensive the beer ah??!!?? sorry lah, Kow, i never pay for a drink at Knutsford (hehehe ...) belanja by my friend

9:26 AM  
Blogger evelyn said...

Kow, do you know that I look funny laughing at my notebook??
Your encounter with the 'god' almost make me LOL in the office!
Fortunately, it is still very early, 8.15am, still not many ppl in the office, phew!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Frogigolo said...

I'm a bit mentally disturb staying in this hotel alone and for so many nights..... Moreover, kept on thinking that there are dead people just next to me almost every night....

Scary....

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home